In accordance with Circular 2016/13 issued by the Cyprus tax office as from May 2016 onwards there are fees applied for the issue of tax rulings. More specifically, the following fees are applicable:
• Eur 1,000 for rulings without an expedition request;
• Eur 2,000 for rulings with an expedition request – these rulings will be answered within 21 working days given that all relevant information applicable to the specific case has been provided.
The payment for the above mentioned ruling requests shall be made beforehand through JCCsmart (code 911).
Exemptions to the application of the above mentioned provisions regarding the imposition of fees are applicable for the following cases:
• Requests for PAYE exemptions for ex-gratia payments;
• Requests relating to stamp duty imposition;
• Requests for exemptions on reorganization plans and loan restructuring processes;
The rulings issued are binding on the basis that the facts used in the request are exactly the same as the actual facts, and there is no change in the provisions of the relevant legislation.